37.5kHz – 30 Day Marine Beacon Specifications
With Over 50+ years of crafting experience of underwater acoustic beacons the DKM502 is the acoustic locating beacons for maritime VDR & other application. DKM502,will assist in location of VDR & S-VDR capsules up to 6096 meters or 2000 ft. depth underwater at sea.
The DKM502 will provide a minimum of 30 days of uninterrupted operation once activated, complying with Minimum standard specification SAE8045, IEC61996-1 & IEC-61996-2.
- Watertight aluminum case (1.3”dia, 3.92” length (less mount)).
- Capable of operation at depths of up to 20,000 feet(6096 m)
- Detectable at a range of 2000 to 4000yards (1800 to 3600 meters) based on environmental factors.
- Sustained pressure up to 8700 psi.
- Dual water switch actuation initiates beacon operation upon immersion in either fresh or salt water.
- The battery used to power the DKM502 will sustain beacon operation for a minimum of 30 days at an acoustic output of 160 dB operating frequency is37.5 kHz.
|Operating Frequency:||37.5 kHz ± 1 kHz|
|Operating Depth:||Surface to 20,000 feet (6096 meters)|
|Pulse Length:||9.0 milliseconds Minimum|
|Pulse Repetition Rate:||Not less than 0.9 Pulse/Sec.|
|Operating Life:||30 Days (Minimum).|
|Battery Life In Beacon:||5 Years|
|Acoustic Output, Initial:||1060 dynes/cm2 Rms pressure at 1 meter (160.5dB)|
|Acoustic Output After 90 Days:||700 dynes/cm2 Rms pressure at 1 meter (157.0dB)|
|Operating Temperature Range:||+28°F (-2.2°C) to +100°F (+37.8°C)|
|Actuation:||Fresh or salt water|
|Radiation Pattern:||Rated output over 80 percent of sphere|
|Size:||1.30 inches (3.30 cm) diameter x 3.92 inches (9.95 cm) long (less mount)|
|Weight, Beacon:||6.7 ounces (190 grams)|
|Weight, N30A26 Mount:||6 ounces (170 grams)|
|Storage Temperature Range:||65°F (-54°C) to 160°F (71°C)|
- Corrosion resistant hardware and epoxy.
- Chemical coating systems MIL-A-8625F.
- The beacon will operate for a minimum of 30 days after being immersed in the water. The beacon will withstand depths to 20,000 feet (6096 meters). It can be detected at a range of 2000 to 4000 yards (1800 to 3600 meters) with DSL-375 series of Locator.
- ATS-270M Portable Test Set shall be used to perform operational tests on the beacon.
- DKM502 beacon is compatible with Novega PT-9.