37.5kHz – 90 Day Marine Beacon Specifications
Building on over 50 years of underwater acoustic beacon manufacturing experience, Dukane Seacom has developed DKM502/90 which is the newest version of the IMO standard in underwater acoustic locating beacons for maritime use. Expanding on the proven reliability of the DKM502, the DKM502/90 will assist in location of VDR & S-VDR capsules up to 6096 meters or 20,000 ft. water depth.
The DKM502/90 will provide a minimum of 90 days of uninterrupted operation once activated, complying with minimum standard specification SAE8045A, IEC61996-1 & IEC-61996-2.& BSH approved
- Watertight aluminum case (1.3”dia, 3.99” length (less mount)).
- Capable of operation at depths of up to 20,000 feet(6096 m)
- Detectable at a range of 2000 to 4000yards (1800 to 3600 meters) based on environmental factors.
- Sustained pressure up to 8700 psi.
- Dual water switch actuation initiates beacon operation upon immersion in either fresh or salt water.
- The battery used to power theDKM502/90 will sustain beacon operation for a minimum of 90 days at an acoustic output of 160 dB. Operating frequency is 37.5 kHz.
|Operating Frequency:||37.5 kHz ± 1 kHz|
|Operating Depth:||Surface to 20,000 feet (6096 meters)|
|Pulse Length:||9.0 milliseconds Minimum|
|Pulse Repetition Rate:||Not less than 0.9 Pulse/Sec.|
|Operating Life:||90 Days (Minimum)|
|Battery Life In Beacon:||3 Years|
|Acoustic Output, Initial:||1060 dynes/cm2 Rms pressure at 1 meter (160.5dB)|
|Acoustic Output After 90 Days:||700 dynes/cm2 Rms pressure at 1 meter (157.0dB)|
|Operating Temperature Range:||+28°F (-2.2°C) to +100°F (+37.8°C)|
|Actuation:||Fresh or salt water|
|Radiation Pattern:||Rated output over 80 percent of sphere|
|Size:||1.30 inches (3.30 cm) diameter x 3.99 inches (10.13 cm) long (less mount)|
|Weight, Beacon:||6.7 ounces (190 grams)|
|Weight, N30A26 Mount:||6 ounces (170 grams)|
|Storage Temperature Range||-65°F (-54°C) to 160°F (71°C)|
- Military grade corrosion protection.
- Chemical coating systems MIL-A-8625
- Innovative engineering technology that protects against inadvertent actuations.
- ATS-270M Portable Test Set shall be used to perform operational tests on the beacon.
- It can be detected at a range of 2000 to 4000 yards with DSL-375 locator.