37.5kHz – 30 Day Marine Beacon Specifications
With Over 50+ years of crafting experience of underwater acoustic beacons the DKM502 is the acoustic locating beacons for maritime VDR & other application. DK485/K will assist in location of VDR & S-VDR capsules up to 6096 meters or 2000 ft. depth underwater at sea.
The DK485/K will provide a minimum of 30 days of uninterrupted operation once activated. These beacons have been tested to, and meet, or exceed, all requirements of SAE AS8045.The DK485 beacon is a battery-operated, 303 Stainless steel body, passivated finish underwater acoustic pulse generator that is activated when the water switch is immersed in either fresh or salt water at pressures greater than 7 to 10 PSI.
- Watertight aluminum case (1.25” dia, 3.86” length (less mount)).
- Actuation in fresh or salt water 7-10 PSI
- Capable of operation at depths of up to 20,000 feet (6096m)
- Detectable at a range of 2000 to 4000 yards (1800 to 3600 meters) based on environmental factors.
- Sustained pressure up to 8700 psi.
- Dual water switch actuation initiates beacon operation upon immersion in either fresh or salt water.
- The battery used to power the DK485/K will sustain beacon operation for a minimum of 30 days at an acoustic output of 160 dB operating frequency is 37.5 kHz.
|Operating Frequency:||37.5 kHz ± 1 kHz|
|Operating Depth:||Surface to 20,000 feet (6096 meters)|
|Pulse Length:||10 milliseconds ± 10%|
|Pulse Repetition Rate:||1 second ± 10%|
|Useful Life:||6 years|
|Operating Life:||30 days (minimum)|
|Acoustic Output, Initial:||1060 dynes/cm2rms pressure at 1 meter
|Acoustic Output, After 30 Days:||700 dynes/cm2rms pressure at 1 meter
|Operating Temperature:||+28°F to +100°F (‐2.2°C to +37.8°C)|
|Actuation:||Fresh or salt water|
|Radiation Pattern:||Rated output over 80 percent of sphere|
|Size:||1.25" diameter x 3.86" long
(3.18 cm diameter 9.80 cm long)
|Material:||303 Stainless steel, passivated finish|
|Power Source:||Lithium Battery, single cell. Factory or user
|Storage Temperature:||‐67°F to +185°F (‐55°C to +85°C)|